Oxford Dictionary of English （総合 16519位）
価格 ： 無料
App Store 評価 ：
4.4 （評価数 ： 1,045）
カテゴリー ： カード／パズル （ゲーム）
バージョン ： 11.2.2
App Store 更新日 ： 2019/12/03
開発者 ： MobiSystems, Inc.
動作条件 ： iOS 11.0以降。iPhone、iPad、およびiPod touchに対応。
サイズ ： 246.2MB
情報取得日 ： 2019/12/15
Oxford Dictionary of English is widely accepted as one of the highest authorities in the study and reference of English language globally, with more than 150 years of research behind it. Regarded as one of the flagship products in Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, it features advanced search and learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The very latest vocabulary database, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings.
• Tens of thousands of regionally specific entries reflecting the unique richness and global adaptability of the English language.
• The strength of The Oxford English Corpus' research excellence is directly presented at your fingertips.
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only).
LATEST APP UPDАТES
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood of your favorite color.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With convenient Home page, more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for.
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized.
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
Get even more with PREMIUM
• Audio pronunciation - Learn words faster with the integrated pronunciations.
• Offline mode - Save words on your device and view them without internet connection.
• Priority support - Get support with priority for any app-related issues.
• No ads – Enjoy an ad-free learning experience.
iTunes App Store レビュー
- Good dictionary app The dictionary itself is quite good, and the application features work well. However, constantly bugging me to rate it 5 stars has become unbearably annoying. Fortunately, after submitting a rating, the annoying pop-up message stopped appearing for a while. Unfortunately, it has reappeared.
- Still a terrible app. Summary:
Most of this app is a distraction that keeps the user from their purpose: using the dictionary. There should be a way to switch between the default, bubbly social interface and a more lean, mature, and professional reference mode. The software company Monokakido makes such an interface for various dictionaries on iOS. A source as authoritative as Oxford deserves better.
Bookmarks don’t sync across devices.
The paid version of this app cannot be shared using family sharing because ‘premium’ (aka the book) is an in-app purchase. Thus you must purchase a new copy of the dictionary for every family member who wishes to use it.
Instead of using a two-column design in landscape mode so we can see neighboring words it is only ever possible to view a single dictionary entry or a list of words.
The toolbar at the top of the screen changes continually while the app is being used instead of remaining static in its functionality. Bookmarking is relegated to a submenu for some bizarre reason in spite of it being a key feature of digital books.
The ‘home screen’ has about as many advertisements as usable app features even after purchase. The worst part about this home screen is that nothing is customizable by the user. It is a full-screen platform for the app developer to advertise to you. It is not a workspace for the user even though you have paid for a reference tool.
The app comes with a slow and unnecessary loading screen that displays the cover of the physical book shoehorned into the iPad’s display instead of appropriately re-drafted. It should have been re-rendered at the image level. Again, there should not even be a loading screen. iOS design uses the icon as the sole medium of introduction to any app. From the moment an app is launched it should begin to function. If a loading screen is necessary it is likely due to inefficient coding.
Update: it's still got all these issues. Nothing's changed as of iOS 13.
- Doesn’t react fast enough Open this APP takes a bit of time which is frustrating. The sound doesn’t come out when you set the phone silent mode so you can’t check pronunciation even you use your headphones in the library.
Also some of vocabularies meanings are difficult to understand compare from other major dictionaries.
- デベロッパの回答 、 Hey,
Thanks for the review.
App speed depends solely on your internet/Device.
Pronunciation will not play when on silent precisely for this reason, we don't want users to tap on the sound button and creating uncomfortable situations in public.
Descriptions are clear enough for many of our users.